This past month has been such a wonderful, inspiring and rewarding month. Not only did I celebrate turning 20 but I also introduced my blog to the world. And now one month in, I have been given the opportunity to be nominated for the 2017 Liebster Award. And I couldn’t be more happy to say yes and accept!
I was nominated by the sweet and lovely Megan O’keeffe the owner and writer of Debateable Dateable a blog about everything dating! She writes about dating advice, stories and theories about the modern dating world too. But Megan does not stop there, she is also an avid poet who produces lovely new pieces at an amazing rate. Her poetry is sweet and focuses on relationships as well, so whether you are in a good one or a bad one or no relationship at all you can relate. You can find my favorite poem “Modern Romeo” here, it speaks so much truth in how relationships are in the twenty-first century and also so adequately describes the female mentality when chasing a false love. Without a doubt, you need to check out her blog and see just how wonderful it is.
| About the Liebster Award |
For everyone who doesn’t know what the Liebster Award is, here are the rules and a little bit about it. The Liebster Award is an award that is given to bloggers by bloggers to help new blogs grow and connect with others in the blogging world. It started off with nominations of blogs with less than 2000 readers and as the award’s popularity grew the max reader’s cap has become lower and lower. And is now for blogs of 200 readers and less.
| The Rules |
- Display the award on your blog — by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”.
- Write a 150-300 word post on your favourite blog that is not your own. Explain why you like the blog, provide links.
- Answer your questions and provide 10 random facts about yourself.
- Nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have less than 200 followers and ask them your own questions. (Don’t forget to inform the people/blogs you nominated about it.)
- List these rules in your post
| Everything Meli – My Favorite Blog Right Now |
Narrow it down to one favourite blog? That is difficult! I truly love all the blogs that I read but if I had to choose one it would be Everything Meli. Everything Meli is a lifestyle blog written and owned by twenty-year-old Melani. I stumbled upon her blog a few months ago, like six month months ago really and I was instantly hooked. With each post I wanted to keep reading more and that is what I have done. I can honestly say that I have read pretty much every post and will continue to do so. Her blog is adorably cute and fun but still elegant! Melani writes about everything from beauty, to fashion and just her everyday life in general, taking trips and just being Meli. Something I love about her blog is the tone and voice she writes in, it is not just average, it has a ring of happiness without over doing it, it sounds honest and trustworthy and doesn’t make you think her life is only sunshine and roses! One other reason why I like Everything Meli so much is that it is relatable, I grew up in a small town just like her, the same one actually, and after reading her “10 Thing You Probably Don’t Know About Me!” post I found out we are pretty much the same age. Her writing is inspiring to me and exciting too because I can see how much she has grown in just a year and it only makes me hope I can too. If you are looking for a new blog to read go check Melani’s out and you won’t be disappointed!
| Five Questions For Me |
1.How did you get into Poetry?
This is a hard one! I started writing poetry so long ago now, but if I really think hard I would have to say that I really got into poetry when I was in grade twelve. I had been writing in journals and just anywhere for a long time but in grade twelve I had a teacher who wrote poetry and when he shared it with the class I was inspired to really write my own. To push myself outside the box by trying different types of poetry from sonnets to haikus and even a slam poem. In the second semester I was so in love with writing and the creativity it held that I took a creative writing class. This passion I had and have for writing and poetry has stayed with me and even now in college I am taking an English Major and filling my time table with extra creative writing classes.
2. What’s your writing process like for the blog?
Can you say scattered and old fashioned? Just kidding! My writing process for my blog is not that bad, I keep everything pretty organized with the help of my Handy Dandy Notebook. To start the whole writing process I pick a topic. Most come to mind from day-to-day life, just in the things I do to big topics that I see, like stress, self-care, and organization. Then when I am ready and have a topic picked out I pull out my notebook and start writing away. Now, don’t get me wrong it doesn’t always flow like a stream, smooth and calm. No, no, no, it usually flows like a river, too many points all rushing through my mind at once, too fast to write down all of them at once. But I make do, and in the end, it comes out just the way I like it…. Oh and never forget to re-read again and again, this is one thing I do always and maybe a little too much too.
3. What’s your favorite poem that you wrote?
The all time favorite poem that I have written so far is North of Suburbia. It is a poem I wrote about my home town after I had moved away. I was reflecting on the differences between the small community and neighborhood I lived in compared to the big city that I live in now. Although I miss the feeling and quaintness of my small town, the big city does have many aspects that I love and wouldn’t trade. For now, I call it home but I can’t wait for the day I can call my hometown home again.
4. What/Who inspires you?
What: inspires me would have to be nature through and through. All the little things nature has to offer from sounds to smells and especially its beauty. I find it in everything from the grape tendrils twist around the limbs of anything in their way or the way leaves rustle like paper bags in the breeze or in the way on-coming rain smells sweet and salty. Nature is where I get my inspiration to write, my down time to escape out of my mind and relax.
Who: inspires me is all of you! Every single reader that comes to read my blog. You inspire me to keep writing and posting. And every comment, like, share, and follow pushes me to improve my writing and post even more. Without all of you lovely readers, I would not be here.
5. How do you picture yourself in 5 years?
Oh my, five years. That is a very long time, 59 months, 825 days, and 43800 hours to be exact and so much can change in that time. But, if I look at the big, big picture this is where I see myself. I see myself at 25, Arts Degree and Education Degree hanging framed on my hallway wall. School all done and out of the way. I see myself working in my first elementary classroom, using all that school has taught me. I see my left hand sparkling with love. I see Lexi and a second puppy playing ball in the yard as Jeremy and I entertain friends over for a backyard BBQ at our cute little home. I see Entirely Taylor growing into a big beautiful blog and inspiring others. I see my life blossoming into everything I want it to be and more!
| Ten Random Facts About Me |
- My favourite colour is pink! But really I love all the shades from pink to red to burgundy.
- I absolutely, positively hate mayonnaise. If the meal has it on it I will not eat it at all.
- My dream vacation would be to New Zealand visiting all the island has to offer, from the black sand beaches to ancient glaciers.
- My Biggest fear is losing my memory or just not being about to remember past a certain point in my life.
- One of my all time favourite kids movie is Lilo and Stitch, I used to watch it over and over and over!
- If becoming a teacher didn’t work out for some crazy reason, I think I would start a Bakery and call it “Taylor Made”.
- Even at age twenty I still colour in colouring books, it is relaxing and fun.
- My favourite Disney princess is Ariel!
- One of the top 5 things on my life bucket list is taking a Hot Air Balloon Ride. Or going to the Hot Air Balloon festival, it would be amazing.
- I pick out all the yellow candies in any candy mix and give them to my boyfriend because I don’t like the taste of lemon.
| My Lovely Nominees |
- Agatha Farrell of You Had Me At Aloha
- Sarah Thorpe of Sarah Trademark
- Supryia Kachroo of Shongruff
- Teisha Ray of Inspired By Teisha
- Sage of Sage Black
- Suzie Mcdonald of Totally Glam Blog
- Veronica Mazio of Blushy Darling
- Kyia Dante of XOXO, Kyia Dante
| Six Questions For My Nominees |
- What inspires you or drove you to start blogging?
- If you were on a deserted island what 3 things would you take with you?
- What is one little thing in life that makes you smile and why? (not a person, let’s see your creativity)
- If you could give one tip to an up coming blogger what would it be?
- Look back, What would you tell or warn your 16-year-old self about?
- Where do you see yourself and your blog 5 years from now?